To watch the youTube video of Little Leap Forward (Barefoot Books first entry into YA – Chapter books) by the author with his own flute music background and in his own words < Author Go Ye > you can find it here!
Teachers – Need Current Facts About China? <Click Here> for pdf on “Today’s China”.
Oooh! It has been way too long since my last post! Let’s see what all has happened since I last wrote here.
- I spent 2 & 1/2 months organizing and running an American Legion Youth fundraiser ( a golf tournament, 3 meals, with a silent & live auction) to buy uniforms and equipment for Pony League Teams and provide scholarships for 2 Boys & 2 Girls (high School seniors) to go to Boy’s State and Girl’s State for a week to learn all about how government works. I have to say that charity org stuff is a heck of a lot of WORK – in more ways than one. My hat is off to those professional fundraisers; listen people – I wouldn’t want to do that for a living! However, if I do say so myself (ahem) we rocked! We raised over $32,000 dollars for a one day event; the most ever for any American Legion in Texas history. Oh! BTW – I will never, ever be responsible for that much admin of an event again!
- Had lots of Grandbabies birthday parties in the Spring & Summer. Way too much cake & ice cream ( I have gained ten pounds) and there is still one more for the year tomorrow evening at a park for the NASCAR kid. I don’t know if there is anything licensed by NASCAR that he doesn’t already have; so guess we will be shopping Friday morning for something!
- I have started another online store at Talulas Wagon but it will probably the end of August before it looks presentable enough to really market. It will expand the children’s book offerings of multi-cultural and environmental subject matter and I will be adding some of the links from here and other sources for parent & teacher tips & products. I want to add other toys, games, gift items and more companies to shop for childrens books. So many parents and teachers had asked for items I didn’t have; that it pushed me into expansion mode!
- On that note; I have dropped my Barefoot Books website; although I am still selling Barefoot Books. For now, at least; it was not getting the traffic I had hoped after 2 years, so I decided to build my own site. As it will take me a while to change all the linked buttons from here at Talula’s Blog; please bear with me. If you have any questions when a link doesn’t work – just leave me a comment and I will try to jump on that one for you. I hope to see you there!
- Lastly — The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing are off to a great start this week. China and the U.S.A. are in a neck-to-neck battle for the most gold medals. It will certainly be interesting to see how the Chinese government will handle all this spotlight on their country. I do hope for all the athletes & coaches (from all the countries) the problems will be minimized so their individual & collective efforts shine through.
To honor the host country of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and to help children learn about the Chinese culture while it will be in the news and in peoples conversations for a few months; Barefoot Books is highlighting their titles with Chinese stories. Teachers; these will make great additions to classrooms for units on China! Add the Red Dragon puppet for story time fun! Teach your classes about Chinese culture AND enjoy the 20% Off Barefoot Books listed price for my limited time offer!*
To Purchase These Titles – Click On Talula’s Wagon above!